WordPress Learning Topics :
Domains and Hosting
I will show you how to select the right domain for your site with the appropriate keyword to maximize exposure. Selecting a host is very important for your new website. You can select Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress hosting, or an Amazon Cloud account.
WordPress & How it works.
WordPress CMS has 3 main components: The WordPress Core (WP4.5),the theme/template, & plugins
Understand the differences between WordPress, Wix, Square Space, Weebly
There is a big difference between WordPress and its competition Squarespace and Wix. I will explain why WordPress has the advantage to the other content management systems in the universe.
The Power of Plugins
Plugins extend and expand the functionality of WordPress. There are 44,294 free plugins. The most popular plugins are Akismet, Yoast SEO, Jetpack, W3 Total Cache, Contact Form 7 etc
How to change the look of your website
Working with Page Builders
Popular ones are Visual Composer, Divi, Beaver Builder, Elementor. I personally prefer to use Beaver Builder or Elementor.
A list of topics I teach in WordPress :
- Domains & hosting ( How websites are created ? )
- Web Terminologies ( IP address, DNS, cloud, XML, SQL, PHP )
- WordPress Terminology ( front end/back end widgets, PHP, xml,etc )
- Installing WordPress using C-Panel ( through your hosting account )
- WordPress Anatomy ( header, footer, loop, sidebar )
- Creating Pages & Posts – Formatting pages ( visual versus text method )
- WordPress Navigation Basics – Creating Pages, Categories, & Posts
- Using the menu system versus page system – Navigation tips & visual layout
- The power of tags in posts for SEO & Google searches.
- WordPress categories versus wordpress tags .
- The Power of Widgets – Modifying the look of your site using these amazing tools.
- Selecting templates to create the feel and look for your website brand.
- Installing images & graphics – Visual layout & html technique
- WordPress Plugins – Make your site dynamic with the power of Plugins.
- Working with the new editor Gutenberg